Sunday, November 22, 2009

33 Days till Christmas!

YES!!!! I LOVE Christmas. It is my favorite holiday by far. I love everything about it - snow, Christmas trees, giving, Christmas carols, Christmas decorations, Christmas cookies, PRESENTS!, parades... you name it, I love it!

This year we've been especially thinking about our Christmas traditions and how important they are to us - especially next year, when we'll have an adorable little 7-month old to share in the joy and fun of the season! So, here's a fun little survey I filled out about our Christmas favorites and traditions!


1. Favorite Christmas movie?
Can't pick just one. "White Christmas", "A Miracle on 34th St." (the original black and white with Natalie Wood), and "It's a Wonderful Life". Although I also love the Home Alones and the Santa Clauses. I know, corny. I just love Christmas!

2. Favorite Christmas carol?

Nope, can't pick just one. The music is my favorite part of the holiday season! I do love "Carol of the Bells" and "Mary Did You Know", but also "Some Children See Him" and "The First Noel".

3. Favorite Christmas gift ever?
Probably my Nikon camera, from Chris, in 2006. But Chloe was a good gift too (our second dog)!

4. Favorite Christmas tradition?

Decorating! Baking! Presents! Family! Food! Music! Shopping! Wrapping! I love them all!

5. Favorite Christmas cookie?

Biscotti, definitely. Unless it's sugar cookies (my sister makes the best!). Or peanut brittle. Hmm... they're all so good!


6. Real or fake tree?

Real. I'm ok with either, but Chris LOVES a real tree. And there's nothing like the smell! :)


7. Favorite gift ever given?
I love it when I make something and give it to someone - a cross stitch project, a quilt, a sewing project. I made my mom a set of placemats one year that I worked really hard on and I :think: she liked them.

8. Favorite tree ornament?

The one my sister gave us our first Christmas we were married. It's a snowflake (my favorite!) with a space for our photo and says, "Our First Christmas Together". It's so ME! It's always the last to go on the tree. But a close second is all the ornaments my grandparents painted for us over the years.


9. How early do you get up Christmas morning?

Ha ha. If it were up to me, it would be 5 am! However, out of respect for my poor husband who is not so much of a morning person, I usually hold in my excitement until 7 or sometimes even 8. But, all bets are off when the kids get old enough!

10. Christmas card or Christmas letter?

Both! We usually do a photo card and a letter. It's Brown family tradition!

11. Eggnog or cider?

Eggnog! Yum!

12. Christmas colors?
Blue and silver...although I love some green thrown in too...

13. Favorite Christmas dinner?

Anything my mom and dad make - yum!
I'd love to see what your answers are - what are some of your favorite holiday traditions?

1 comment:

  1. Aww Mandy, I didn't know you liked the ornament I got for you that much! I'm so glad :). And Mom makes a pretty mean sugar cookie too ;) Oo, that makes me want to start baking! I'll have to fill out this survey and mail it back to you (or post it on my blog. HA!), although most of my answers are the same as yours! Lol, we must be related. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...