Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby Nursery

Ok, so I know we've got a loooonnnngggg time before I need to be worrying about anything nursery (especially since we'll be moving right after the baby's born), but you know me, I like to be prepared. And I have very specific (read: picky) ideas of exactly what I want for everything baby-related. Yes, I have been preparing for this for a very long time, thankyouverymuch. It doesn't help that I've had dozens of close friends have kids already, so I have learned through their experiences about what are the must-haves. But nursery stuff has thus far taken a back seat - but not for long! :)
So, I've got some general ideas I like for a nursery. I've always LOVED Noah's Ark themed stuff, and of course have a lot of knick knacks and stuff with Noah's Ark, but I don't really want a "themed" matchy matchy nursery. Too much of a good thing. Like check this one out:


Wow. Looks like Noah threw up his ark on this room. Yuck.

And then this one. Maybe just a little overdone?



I think we'll do something just a touch more subtle. I'm more about color coordinating. I'm thinking green, blue, and brown (with maybe a touch of pink thrown in if it's a girl). I want a simple room that's not too frou-frou and overbearing - the poor kid's got to be able to sleep in the room, right? I'm thinking something calm and classic. I like some parts of this one:



What do you think? More posts coming soon on various other nursery decor!

1 comment:

  1. i like the idea of simpleness, does it not ned to be stimulating though? And fun? You seem to be going to far the other way?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...