Thursday, December 9, 2010

A project of epic proportions

I began this project when I was 15.  I optimistically (and stupidly) bought the cross stitch kit at an after Christmas sale for 50% off. 

7 years later, I finally finished it.  And ten years later, it's framed and actually in my baby's room.  I can't even tell you how many hours I devoted to this Noah's Ark cross stitch.  And with every stitch, I thought of the baby I might one day have, the nursery I might one day hang it in, the child that might examine my stitches, naming the animals.

It's a silly, sort of meaningless accomplishment.  It's not going to save the whales, or promote world peace, or anything important.  But it's important to me.  It's a reminder of just how much love I had waiting to give my little baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...