Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bucket List

When I was a freshman in high school, I made out this "Bucket List". It's so cool to see the things I've already been able to check off and to keep in mind some of the things I still want to do:

1. Learn to play guitar.
2. make a quilt
3. get my ears pierced again
4. go on a picnic
5. visit Amish country
6. go to Europe
7. bicycle trip
8. watch old movies
9. crochet a blanket for myself
10. go on a cruise
11. get a professional massage
12. skydive
13. learn ballet
14. get flowers delivered
15. play a trick on a telemarketer
16. learn to burp
17. play with bubbles with a child
19. mud wrestle
20. eat brownie mix
21. read an entire encyclopedia
22. be hypnotized
23. learn to knit
24. embroider a life story
25. go to the Statue of Liberty
26. see the San Francisco Pink Ladies
27. build a dollhouse
28. wear sexy lingerie
29. get dressed up for no reason
30. see the Northern Lights
31. go cliff jumping
32. count how many words I know
33. go rock climbing
34. swim with dolphins
35. go to Noah's Ark water park
36. publish my book
37. see Broadway musicals
38. write a sequal to "Gone With the Wind"
39. build a snowfort (and sleep in it!)
40. go Christmas caroling
41. see Montezuma's Castle
42. go camping
43. go to Ireland
44. ride an elephant
45. be in "Fiddler on the Roof"
46. sing a solo
47. take a bath in candlelight
48. compose a piano piece
49. watch a sunrise
50. read "War and Peace"
51. see a shooting star
52. visit Kerstin in Germany
53. get married
54. win at Monopoly
55. catch a fish
56. catch the bouquet at someone's wedding
57. milk a cow
58. plant a garden (and actually have it grow)
59. visit Alaska and Hawaii
60. see the Eiffel Tower
61. visit Sweden, Italy, France, England, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, Switzerland, Fiji, and Germany
62. be pregnant

Some are so silly (milk a cow?  really? I wish I could ask my 13 year old self why I put that on there!), but some are so important (like #62!).  One of my favorite memories of Chris' and my early dating years are the dates he scheduled around crossing something off my list.  We had a sunrise date (true selflessness if you know how much Chris hates waking up early!) so I could see the sunrise, a date during meteor showers in the hammock in his backyard so I could see a shooting star, a picnic date, even Christmas caroling one year.

I wonder how many things will get crossed off this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...