Sunday, January 9, 2011

Working Mama vs Stay at home

I don't think there is a greater debate or guilt-inducing discussion among mamas than the age old working mama vs stay at home mama debate.


Here's the thing: does it really matter?  Every single mama I know (and every single woman I know) is simply doing what's best for her family. Many women are working full time jobs outside the home, not because they want to but because they have to provide for their families.  Mamas sacrifice their bodies, souls, hearts, and minds for their families.

Many women I know who work long to stay at home with their children.  Some women I know who work love working and do an excellent job of balancing work and family obligations.

While I don't know how those working mamas do it all, I know one thing for sure:  I was not meant to be a working mama.  I can't do it all.  Something suffers if I try to do it all.  I am so fortunate to be able to stay at home with Cole almost full-time.  Do I judge those who don't stay home?  Absolutely not!  On the contrary, working moms have my highest respect.  

I think the most important thing to remember is that every mama is different and every parent knows what's best and most important for her/himself and their family.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...