Saturday, January 8, 2011

sick...

My baby is sick. 


Nothing major - just a cold, fever (102.9), cough, sneezing...something an adult probably wouldn't even stay home from work for.


But to me, it's like the world is ending.


I hold his feverish little body in my arms, wishing with all my heart that I could make him feel better.  I look into his glassy eyes, hoping to bring him some measure of comfort.  I long to become sick myself, if it would make him healthy, happy, and smiling again. 


Nothing can prepare you as a parent when your child is sick. My helpless little baby, listless and red-eyed, stuffy and coughing - it's truly the worst feeling in the world. 


Fortunately, he's on the mend, recovering quickly and already showing signs of being back to his normal good spirits.


And it has made me all the more thankful for his healthy little body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...