Sunday, March 27, 2011

Co-sleeping

I never wanted to co-sleep with my babies.

Let's face it, I'm human.  I love my little mister and everything, but I needed time with just my hubby.  Alone time.  Not to mention that sleeping with a baby involves trying NOT to roll over and squish it, so it's hard to really sleep deeply.

But some days Cole seems to have other ideas.

I don't blame him.  I'm a snuggler myself.  I adore cuddling up to Chris and putting my cold feet on his warm ones.  And since Cole was INSIDE me for nine whole months, I can understand how he'd want to be near his mama as much as possible.

But I NEED MY SLEEP!

So we've come to an arrangement.  Nights are spent sleeping and snuggling - just the hubs and me.  But when Cole wakes up in the morning (usually between 4 and 5 am), one of us goes to get him and brings him into our (very small) bed.  Chris opens up the covers for him to snuggle under, and I creep in, and we make a warm little Cole sandwich and all fall asleep together.

There's nothing more perfect than waking up and seeing the peacefully sleeping faces of my boys across from mine, with Chris' arm thrown protectively over Cole's little body.  And Cole's bright starry smile peeking out at me...

Well, let's just say I think I get the best of both worlds.

Wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...