Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On your nine month birthday (or maybe a little late)

My dearest son,

You are now nine months old. (Well, nine months plus one week.  It's been a crazy week.)  For some reason, nine months seems an awful lot older than eight.  Maybe it's because you have now lived outside my body for as long as you lived inside.  Maybe it's because you have learned so many new things this past month - crawling, standing, pincher grip.  Maybe it's because this month has FLOWN by.

And here you are. 

My favorite part of the last month?  Watching you make a decision and execute it.  I adore watching you put your own bink in your mouth.  Seeing a toy and crawling to it.  Reaching to the dog to pet (read: grab) her.  And most importantly - when you see me from across the room and smile and crawl to me as fast as you can.

You are becoming more and more of a tiny little person.  I love that I'm not the one making all your decisions any more.  And I especially love that some of your decisions involve hanging out with your mama.

That's the definition of love to me.  Choosing to have someone around.  So I couldn't be happier if you actually uttered the words: I know you love me.

So this just might be the best month yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...