Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cake Stand

In preparation for Cole's first birthday party (just two weeks away!) I've been slowly working on a few little details.  Cole's cake is going to be adorable, but just as adorable is the cake stand I made for him.  I searched high and low for a super cheap cake stand that wasn't plastic, and just couldn't find what I was looking for.

So then I started perusing Goodwill and thrift stores for one - and lo and behold, I found this pair of candlesticks:


It made me think of the exact kind of pedestal stand I wanted - so I looked around again and found a nice white ceramic plate that matched.  I used E-6000 glue to glue them together and voila!:


A cake stand, exactly what I wanted, for less than $3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...