Tuesday, May 3, 2011

grown-ups

Wow, I feel an awful lot like a grown-up lately.  You know how you don't really see it coming, and then one day you wake up and all of a sudden you're an adult?  Yup, that's been happening to me lately.

We've been making all sorts of grown-up decisions, so I think that's what has finally put me over the edge of feeling like an adult.  Adult decisions are the ones you make when there's no right answer, when you're not sure of the right thing to do or the best thing to do.

Decisions like having Chris working in Bend (3 hours north) while Cole and I stay in Klamath.

It's only temporary, I tell myself.  He'll be done with the job by August.  It'll be ok.

But how to do you explain that to an 11 month old who misses his daddy?

We are fortunate enough to have been able to see Chris on weekends since he moved up to Bend.  But weekends just aren't enough time.  I miss my husband.  Cole misses his daddy.  And Chris misses us as well. 

It WILL end up being a good decision, I think.  Chris took the job so that I could stay at home with Cole.  But I know we are all ready to be permanently settled, with Chris in a normal 8-5 job where he's home every night. 

Until then, I show Cole lots of pictures of his daddy and try to be a good enough parent to make up for being the only one.



1 comment:

  1. Oh ugh, that has to be hard!! Good thoughts that the summer flies by for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...