Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quiet Book

After almost six weeks of work, I've finally finished Cole's quiet book.  I totally underestimated how much work it would be, but I truly enjoyed working on it - and I can't wait to let Cole play with it at church on Sunday!
 The letters in Cole's name are VELCRO so he can take them on and off to practice spelling his name:
 The sports balls are attached with elastic and each one is crinkly:

 I embroidered an outline for each shape so Cole can practice matching his shapes:

 Cole's favorite page!  He loves the beads - supposedly they're to help him practice counting to ten, but in reality they're to suck on and chew and rattle.  Don't worry, I sewed the ribbons back and forth about ten times to make sure they are sturdy and won't let the beads come off as a choking hazard.

 My favorite page! Inside the barn are three finger puppets:

 Color matching traffic light:

 And camping in honor of Daddy and Papa:

 Flowers - the middles are buttons for Cole to unbutton and button:

I can't remember all my sources for ideas for this project, but several ideas came from Jill at Homemade by Jill and others were my own creativity! 

Got any more great ideas for pages I should add?  Let me know, I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe something to do with animals? I love this idea! Great job Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job! Now, I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...