Sunday, July 20, 2014

Look Mom, No Training Wheels!

Now, I am not the most sentimental person. 

Most baby/childhood milestones are exciting and fun, but don't really get me choked up.

But for some reason, watching my little boy riding a big boy bicycle, sans training wheels, really, REALLY got to me.

Maybe it's because it's such a rite of passage, being able to ride a bike.  Maybe it's the independence, the growing away from childhood and the family unit that bike riding symbolizes.  Maybe it's the many happy times I myself spent on my bike with my friends. Maybe it's just because that's such an iconic symbol of childhood - real childhood, not toddlers or preschoolers.

Whatever the reason, I was a total blubbering mess at the sight of Cole riding a big boy bike.

I can't believe my tiny little baby, the sweet energetic toddler, is growing up into such an amazing little boy. 

I don't think I'm ready - but at the same time, I just can't wait to see what else he becomes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...