Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Shower #1!!!!

Does that title make me sound ultra-snobby and spoiled? Yes, I will be having more than one baby shower - I just have too many friends and family to fit into one room for one shower! I am so blessed! I can't even start to list all the wonderful gifts we received for Baby Boy. And I think the best part was having my mom and sister here to visit! Here I am, looking as big as house:The cake was an ice cream oreo cake...yum!Meaghan made the MOST delicious sugar cookies as favors - she used letters to spell out BABY and each bag had a onesie or a carriage shaped cookie. They were almost too cute to eat...but somehow I suffered through and ate all mine in one sitting!I love this onesie Meg got Baby - it says "My Aunt Rocks"! :)And Chris and I were THRILLED to get this bassinet from my relatives in Pennsylvania - Grammy and Pap, and Aunt Terrie and Uncle Jeff and cousins Abby and Alex. I can't tell you how many times I have laid in bed, picturing the baby sleeping next to our bed in this adorable bassinet!! I can't wait to set it up!A sweet bunting from Bonnie:Football onesies in blue and brown! This one says "Green Baby" - I'm in love!!!

Chris' mom actually MADE this little journal - blue and brown with elephants! I was super impressed! How perfect!!

My friend Jess got me this elephant onesie... it says "little peanut", our nickname for Baby Boy! Are ya'll sensing a theme with the elephants?

Mom went super overboard, of course:The perfect bucket hat (with elephants!) for our summer trip to Philadelphia:A quilt she made months ago:And a Boppy pillow with elephants and other jungle animals:Why yes, I did swallow a basketball, thank you! Can you believe this humongous baby bump?! I actually think it might be an octopus, the way he kicks and nudges and squirms so much!

It was so wonderful to see everyone and we had a blast opening all these amazing gifts! Thank you, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...