Saturday, April 24, 2010

I may be jinxing myself, but...

I am calm. I am at peace. I am feeling ready for this baby to come. I wasn't sure I would ever feel this way - me, the epic planner that I am, who also happens to be a perfectionist with very specific ideas of how things should be - I thought I would be frantically trying to make everything perfect right up till I was in desperate labor and Chris is dragging me to the hospital while I'm screaming "No, I can't go yet! The onesies are not organized by color!"

Are things perfect right now? Nope, not in the least. The crib is not set up (we aren't setting it up yet, since we'll be moving soon after the baby comes). We are still missing a dozen or so rather important baby things we still need to get (minor details like a thermometer, baby bathtub, DIAPERS).

But, we have safe places for Baby Boy to sleep (even though I know he'll be in someone's arms for most of the first weeks of his life!). We have clothes for him to wear (A LOT of clothes!). We have books to read and music to play. And of course, the most love two parents have ever had for a child.

Really, what else do you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...