Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dear Baby,

Dear Baby,
I think of you all the time. Is that possible? No matter what I am doing, I think of you - I imagine your tiny little fingers and toes, I picture your chubby thighs, I dream of what your head will smell like. I look at your daddy and picture him cradling you in his arms tenderly. I think of how I will read to you and play my piano for you.
Ever since I discovered we were pregnant, I've carried something to remind me of you - not that I need reminding. I keep one of your tiny little socks in my purse, wherever I go. Every once in a while, I take it out and look at it, and think of you... I think of you growing inside of me. Sometimes, in the stressful moments of trying to decide our future plans (to move or not to move? to take a full time job or stay at home?), and during the long drives to and from work, and in the loneliness of missing family and friends, I pull your little sock out to help me keep everything in perspective. No matter what, our little family will be together, full of love - which is the most important thing! I love you so much, Baby, for reminding me daily of the most valuable aspects of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...