Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Books

A few days ago, I found an old list of my Top Ten Favorite Books from when I was in fifth grade: (yes, I was a compulsive list-maker even then!)

  1. Island of the Blue Dolphins
  2. Little Women
  3. The Diving Bell
  4. The Giver
  5. Number the Stars
  6. A Little Princess
  7. Little House on the Prairie series (I couldn't choose just one!)
  8. The Witch of Blackbird Pond
  9. My Side of the Mountain
  10. Caddie Woodlawn
And now my top fifteen (sorry, couldn't narrow it down to just 10!) favorite books now:
  1. Gone With the Wind
  2. The Time Traveler's Wife
  3. The Giver
  4. Harry Potter series
  5. The Other Boleyn Girl
  6. ...And Ladies of the Club
  7. To Kill a Mockingbird
  8. The Thorn Birds
  9. A Thousand Splendid Suns
  10. Year of Wonders
  11. Little Women
  12. The Road
  13. The Davinci Code
  14. Memoirs of a Geisha
  15. Picture Perfect
You know, it's interesting looking back at these novels that were my childhood favorites - every single one of them are books that I'd love to read again!  I think that's the mark of excellent literature - books that relate to adults and children alike.

What were (and are) some of your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, LOVE To Kill a Mockingbird. If Phinneas would have been a girl, his name would have been Harper because of Harper Lee.

    A Thousand Splendid Suns had me sobbing, but it was soo good. Isaac couldn't understand why I was crying while reading. And I could not get past the first couple of chapters in Memoirs of a Geisha.

    The Witch of Blackbird Pond and My Side of the Mountain were a few of my childhood favorites as well! I always wanted to be like Kit. In fact, after I read that book, I would always choose the name "Kit" for my barbies :D

    I honestly can't narrow down my favorite books as an adult, but a few of my favorite authors are: Ted Dekker, Michael Creighton, Hemingway, and many, many others! I'm going to check out a few of your favorite books at the library :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...