Sunday, March 18, 2012

Language of Love

I stand him up on the changing table and he suddenly throws his arms around, hugging me fiercely and patting me on the back.  He follows that up with a serious-faced kiss on my lips, then lays his head trustingly on my shoulder.

I'm washing dishes in the kitchen, singing along to a song on Pandora, when Cole comes up behind me and plants an enthusiastic smooch on the back of my leg.  I turn around just in time to see him already moving on, grabbing his train off the floor.

It's night time, and I finish helping Cole brush his teeth.  I rinse his toothbrush and pick Cole up to put him in his crib.  He takes my arm, lays his head against my hand.  He kisses the back of my hand.  He takes my head between his hands, looks at me intently, and pats my cheek so lovingly.  I hold him close, my heart overflowing with his love and sweetness.

Even though I'm dying to hear him say that he loves me, I know - without a single word being exchanged - how much my son loves me. 

I only hope he knows just how much I love him back.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...