Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guessing Game

Now that Cole's language skills are starting to take off, we have been playing a SUPER FUN game around here.

It's called, "Guess What I'm Saying Game!"

You see, Cole's language has improved a lot - but there's still a bit of a ways to go.  Take the other day, for example.

Cole says, "BEE! BEE!"

and then I say, "Bink?  Do you want your bink?"

Cole shakes his head no.

"Ok...Bird?  Do you see a bird?"

no.

"Did you find the letter B?  Where is it?"

nope, not that.

"Bottle? Did you want the water bottle?"

Vehement shaking of the head.

"ok buddy.  I'm a little confused.  Can you SHOW me what you're talking about?"

So Cole takes my hand and brings me over to the window, where there's a bee buzzing against the glass.

"OH! You saw a bee!  Fantastic!"

And Cole looks at me like, "DUH! Didn't you hear me say that?"

He must think I'm a real dork.

But then, the next day, he'll say "BEE! BEE!", and I'm looking around for a bee, and he'll take me over to the chair.  Because apparently "BEE" also means "CHAIR".

::face palm::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...