Monday, July 16, 2012

5 Adorable Random Things

1. Recently, for the first time in VERY long time, I wore some earrings.  Cole was fascinated.  He just could not figure out these random things in my ears!  He kept touching them and saying "EA-INGS! EA-INGS!" And then he had check out everyone else's ears to see if they were wearing earrings too.  It was hysterical!


2. Cole and I eat breakfast together every single morning.  Some mornings, I am lazy and just feed us cereal instead of making something healthy (please tell me you do that too!).  Cole has a habit of paying attention to my cereal bowl, and if I happen to have a piece of cereal that is stuck to the side of the bowl instead of in the milk, he points to it and says, "UH-OH! UH-OH! UH-OH!" until I fix it.  He's only slightly OCD.

3.  Somewhere, he picked up the idea that you "toast" your glasses and say "Cheers!". So he requests a "TOE" for almost every meal - and insists that his plate, bowl, and cup be "toasted" with every single one of my dishes too. 

4.  The other day at the splash park, Cole fell down and got a small scrape on his leg.  "UH-OH! UH-OH!" he said.  "Oh, what's wrong, buddy?  Did you get an owie?"  "IETCH! IETCH! (ouch)" he said.  "What should we do?"   So he plopped down right in the middle of the sidewalk, lifted his leg, and gave himself a smacking kiss on his owie, hopped up, and was ready to go.  So glad he knows how to help himself feel better!


5. One day last week we were leaving to do some errands.  Cole's job is to put the dogs into their beds and give them a biscuit.  We were on our way out the door when Cole started telling me "UH-OH! UH-OH!" and a word I didn't recognize.  Since he was pointing vehemently upstairs, we went back upstairs so he could show me what he was talking about.  He ran into the bedroom and closed Chloe's kennel door!  I was so impressed that he had remembered a step he had forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...