Saturday, July 28, 2012

Who needs stuffed animals?

Some kids have stuffed animals they can't sleep without.  They might have piles and piles of stuffed animals.

Some kids have blankets and pillows.

My child?  Has books.  Six or seven (hardcover!) books that he reads while falling asleep or in the middle of the night when he wakes up.  Occasionally I'll hear him reading when he wakes up in the morning.  If he happens to awake during the night and a book or two has fallen off the bed, Cole will climb off his bed and retrieve it, stacking it carefully with the others on his pillow next to his head.  Then he'll fall asleep with one arm snuggling them close.


My little bookworm.  And I must admit, there's nothing that makes me more proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...