Monday, March 31, 2014

Links to Love


1. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I could just watch this video of a baby's first bath over and over again.  It's so slow, gentle, and respectful. I love how relaxed this sweet little baby is... and it also makes me miss those teeny tiny newborn days (is it crazy that I'm already feeling nostalgic about how big my ten week old is getting?) (mind you, it's because he's HUGE).
 

2. This could have been written by me: The Best of Times, the Worst of Times: The Equinox of Raising Children.  Some days are so, so amazing: rewarding, uplifting.  And some days I go to bed in tears because I'm absolutely sure I'm totally screwing up these two little lives entrusted to me.  It's so good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way.


3. This is an amazing story of a woman who was told her autistic son would never be able to talk or communicate in any way.  Through allowing him to play and nurturing his interests, he's now on track to win the Nobel Prize in theoretical physics at age 15.  My favorite part: "Instead of focusing on Jacob’s limitations, Kristine nurtured his interests."  Such a great reminder for me to pay attention to Cole's interests and strengths, not just focus on his weaknesses.

4. An interesting story.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...