Wednesday, March 26, 2014

nursing babe

Last week when we visited Daffodil Hill, Chris snapped this photo of me nursing Chase. I don't have any pictures of Cole nursing, so this one is super precious.

Let's face it, breastfeeding is not easy. It can be painful in many ways. It's so tricky to know if there's an oversupply or not enough milk. Allergies, reflux. Being the sole person with the burden of waking frequently during the night. Not being able to leave your babe for more than two hours, ever. It can be physically and emotionally demanding and incredibly difficult.

But this photo reminds me how amazing and precious this is, to be able to give my child life and perfect nutrition, not only during pregnancy but afterward as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again, every single time I nurse Chase, I'm so very grateful to be able to breastfeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...