Monday, June 28, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So, we are leaving for Philadelphia in a couple days. No biggie, right? I've traveled all over the US many, many times in my life... but never like this.

This time, we have a baby.

Not just any baby - a newborn baby.

A newborn that CRIES!

I'm a little nervous about the whole stuck-in-a-plane-with-a-screaming-crying-baby-while-other-passengers-shoot-me-menacing-looks thing.

Not to mention toting all our CRAP through three airports. (In case any of you readers are not parents, having a baby automatically increases your amount of STUFF by ten. It's a law, I'm pretty sure.) We will have a stroller, carseat, suitcase, diaper bag, backpack, and carry-on to take. Oh, and don't forget the baby.

So keep your fingers crossed for us to make it through alive - I just hope the other passengers don't revolt and tie us up with duck tape halfway through the flight.

2 comments:

  1. You'll be great! I read that as the plane is accending and deccending to help with the pressure in the ears if the baby is drinking from a bottle the swollowing action will help "pop" ears and release the pressure. Hope the info-tid-bit helps, but you're such a natural mommy you probably already knew that one! Enjoy your trip Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have seen our car the first time we went to the coast!!! Packed full, and we were staying in a hotel :D

    Enjoy it. Try not to worry too much (lol, I'm like you--born a worrier!) and make a list of everything you didn't use so you won't have to worry about packing them again. That will help ease your mind later on, I can promise you that (this is also a note from a NOTORIOUS over-packer!! :) My husband is always trying to get me to pack less, but I'm always telling him it's better to be safe than sorry...we pack a large emergency kit where ever we go!! lol!)

    Have a safe trip and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...