Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Someone. Hurt. My. Baby.

Yesterday Cole had his three week check up at the pediatrician. He's gaining weight, grew an inch and impressed the doctor with his enormous strength.

But, he needed his PKU test done... which meant he needed blood drawn. Which meant he needed to be poked. Which meant he needed to BLEED!


I'll bet you can guess how I felt about that.


There is nothing worse than listening to your baby, your flesh and blood, sobbing hysterically from pain that someone inflicted on them.

Every nerve in my body was screaming "SOMEONE IS HURTING MY BABY! STOP THEM!"

I have to admit, as nice as the lab tech was, there was a split second when I considered tackling her to the ground so she would stop making my baby cry.

I'm sure this is just the beginning of overprotective mother syndrome. Can someone please tell me just how I'm supposed to deal with childhood bullies, the flu, the first girlfriend breakup? I never realized parents feel just as much pain as their children do!
I thought I was awfully prepared to be a parent... but every day I am surprised by just how unprepared I really was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...