Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A story of an opinionated baby

Every day there is a new lesson Cole teaches me.

Today's Lesson: The Cardboard Box Phenomenon (PS: I don't think I have ever had to spell that word before in my life! hope I spelled it right)

You know how you will buy your kids the coolest, most awesome, fantastic, (and expensive!) toy in the store... and they will have a better time playing with the cardboard box the toy came in?

Yeah. Cole already does that.

We have no less than five (count 'em, FIVE) awesomely fantastic places for him to sleep. A beautiful basinette, an adorable Moses basket, a rocker, a travel bed, and a crib.

Guess where this little boy prefers to sleep?

No, not a cardboard box. I am not THAT bad of a parent. Although, I'm sure if I would let him sleep in a cardboard box, he would probably prefer that.

No, he sleeps in his carseat. The cheap carseat that was a hand-me-down from one of my best friends. It's not even NEW!!

Same goes for baby-wearing. We have two slings and a Baby Bjorn... and Cole only sleeps in his Moby wrap. No, not even a real Moby wrap - it's a long piece of fabric that I wrap around myself. A PIECE of FABRIC, people!!!!

Just goes to show you... simpler is almost always better - even for newborns!

And at least we know that if there is ever a car accident in our bedroom while Cole is sleeping, he will be safe and sound in his carseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...