Sunday, June 27, 2010

Worrywort

I think I should write a book. It will be called, "Things No One Ever Told You About Parenting".

Chapter One: Worrying.

I am worrier by nature. Even before becoming a mama, I planned and stressed and worried my way through life. Then, enter Baby Cole... and that amount of worrying is multiplied by a thousand!!

Let's face it, it kind of makes sense. I mean, all of a sudden I am responsible for a WHOLE ENTIRE LITTLE PERSON!!! And to make matters worse, this little person is entirely dependent on me for HIS ENTIRE EXISTENCE!!

No pressure or anything.

And you know what makes things worse? The internet. There will always be an opinion out there that will cause more worry. Is my baby having enough wet diapers? Is he gaining enough weight? Do I have enough milk? Is he sleeping enough? Is he sleeping too much? Everyone has a different opinion about what's right, what's ok and what's not.

I guess all there is to do is to take a deep breath and go with my maternal instincts... and keep our pediatrician on speed dial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...