Saturday, July 17, 2010

Everything You Wanted to Know About Spit-Up (and some things you didn't!)

Let's talk about baby bodily functions for a minute.

Yeah, exciting, right? (The sad part is that there is no sarcasm here... I honestly could talk about my baby's bodily functions all day long quite happily! I never thought I'd see the day that Chris would walk in the door from work and ask me how our day was and I would happily engage him in conversation discussing the number of poopy and wet diapers our son had!)

You see, I always felt quite prepared for all the... shall we say STUFF - that comes out of babies: poop, pee, boogers, drool - you name it, I was ready for it.

But spit-up is one thing I didn't realize came with babies. At least not in such QUANITITY! I mean, WOW! The kid only drank like 3 ounces of milk and I could swear there's now 4 ounces projectile vomited all down my shirt and Cole's 3rd outfit of the day!

And when I say projectile vomit, I mean PROJECTILE! The kid can really get some distance with that stuff - just ask Chloe, an innocent spit-up victim who was lying in what she thought was the "no splash" zone...little did she know of Cole's ability to get spit-up on anything within a three-mile radius.

So if you are planning on visiting us any time soon, you may want to invest in a HAZ-MAT suit to protect yourself - and be ready for a nice long conversation about my baby's bodily functions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...