Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Very Hungry Caterpillar


Chris took Cole up to change him last night and brought him back down in this adorable Very Hungry Caterpillar onesie.

I bought this onesie years ago - 5 years, to be precise.  The first summer right after Chris and I were married.  We knew we weren't planning on having kids for several years, but I - being the planner that I am - started buying baby things for cheap at yard sales right away.  I was so ready in so many ways to be a mama, I channeled all my energy and effort into doing whatever I could to prepare for kids until the day we could afford to have them.

I bought outfit after outfit, eagerly awaiting the day I could dress my darling baby in all the clothes I purchased so lovingly. Words can't describe how it feels to actually have my son wearing the onesie I optimistically found years ago - just for him.

This onesie represents all my years of waiting patiently (and not so patiently) to become a mama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...