Thursday, September 15, 2011

My reality

This is my reality.



Sticky handprints on my floor and nose and tongue smudges on my windows.


And that's not the worst of it.  Last week Cole decided to empty our entire recycling can one item by one item by throwing each object down the stairs.


It was fabulous.


Or the daily occurance of taking my books off the lower bookshelves and tossing them into piles on the floor.


And the dumping of the dog's water dish!  Can't forget that awesomeness.


In short, Cole is MESSY.  Some days I feel as though I spend 90% of the day as his personal maid, following behind his tornado-like tendencies.


But, his face as he was throwing the recycling down the stairs was priceless.  His absolute joy in discovering about how the world works is worth the effort to clean up after him (um, ok, MOST of the time.  I do have my limits.  And it usually involves when dog food and the dog's water dish meet).

So, if you ever come over to my house, it will be messy.  There may be panties all over my floor.  Most likely the dog's food dish will be dumped all over, the pillows will be thrown onto the floor, and at least one of the contents of a drawer in the kitchen will be emptied and dragged all about.

BUT, I will have a happy baby!

1 comment:

  1. Both Phinneas and Isaac went through the "remove the books from the shelves" stage! Irritating to say the least, but after a few repetitious, "No, buddy, let's clean up now", they eventually stopped. Right now, Phinneas gets the biggest kick out of picking things up and putting them away! He and his big bro are becoming my cleaning buddies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...