Sunday, January 29, 2012

Deep thoughts for a Saturday

"For most of life, nothing wonderful happens. If you don’t enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are that you’re not going to be very happy. If someone bases his happiness or unhappiness on major events like a great new job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Paris, that person isn’t going to be happy much of the time. If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness."

-Andy Rooney


This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately.  I feel as though some of my life has been spent waiting and anticipating, looking forward to the next step: eager to finish school, get married, move to a better job, be able to afford more things, and of course - have a baby.


Always with the thought in the back of my mind, "My life would be perfect IF ONLY..." 


The past year, however, it seems that has all changed.  Is it a conscious choice? Is it simply that circumstances have fallen into place to make life great?


Maybe a little bit of both.


All I know is that I have felt almost overwhelmed by how content, how blissfully joyeous I feel with our little lives and our little family.  There's no more of that burning desire to move to the next step, to push on with the next great thing. 

We have some rough days, sure.  Occasionally days where the tantrums make me feel like burying my head in the sand or fast-forward the days.  But every.single.day, I wake up and I am purely HAPPY.  I am looking forward to our day, even if it's a day spent in pajamas, doing laundry, and chasing Cole around the house.

I think it's what happens when everything you dreamed your life would be, actually happens.

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...