Thursday, January 12, 2012

Independence

Independence.


It's one of the top five qualities I want to instill in my children.


So why is it my hearts breaks just a tiny bit when Cole does something all on his own that he used to need my help for?


It's not the big events like walking and talking that really tug at my heartstrings.  It's the first time he reaches up to the counter and pulls down his sippy cup.  It's the first time he yanks off his socks and puts them in the hamper.  It's the first time he "brushes" his own hair.

Slowly, my baby is needing me less and less - which is the whole point, after all.  Everything I do, every interaction with him is designed with his eventual independence in mind. 













I am eventually going to render myself useless...but that is how I'll know I did a great job as his mama.

1 comment:

  1. Gah, he is just too cute for words!!!

    Love love love the hat and sweater combo!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...