Friday, October 22, 2010

Fridays

I love Fridays.


I've always loved Fridays...but since I've started working again, I've gained a whole new appreciation for the beauty of Fridays. 

Fridays are the beginning of the weekend.  Friday evenings are spent blissfully holding and playing with my little man, without the lesson planning and lunch-packing that the rest of the weekdays involve.

And the best part of Fridays?  The next day is Saturday.  Saturday-the-day-of-no-work day!

Saturdays are the days I snuggle my son in bed with me in the dim early morning light, dreaming of the day in the not-so-distant-future where I can snuggle him all morning long.  Saturdays are the days I put off taking a shower and putting on makeup, because that would mean having to put my beautiful boy down.  Saturdays are the days I tickle my baby to hear him laugh, and give him a bath even if he doesn't need it just because he loves it so much.  Saturdays are the days I put off thinking about work and chores and housecleaning and errands...and just enjoy every moment with my little family. 

Right now, I live for Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...