Thursday, October 7, 2010

I woke up crying this morning.

Last night I was blog surfing and found this heartbreaking blog about a family who had lost their newborn son to a heart defect.

To be honest, I can't tell you much more than that, because I simply could not stand to read it. 

I could not stand the heartbreak these parents must have felt, will feel, every single day for the rest of their lives.

I cannot imagine the pain.

My heart hurts for every parent who has ever lost a child.

Having been a mama now for four months, I have an understanding of the immense love that parents have for their children.  To have that taken away... words cannot describe.

Today, I will hold Cole a little closer than usual.  I will tickle him more, laugh with him more, kiss him more, and not think a single time about the laundry or dishes or unpacking I should be doing. 

I will stare at my perfect, handsome, healthy son and thank God a million times for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...