Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Plight of a Nursing Mama

Hello, my name is Mandy and I am a starving nursing mother.

I've always had sort of a "delicate" (read: picky) appetite.  Until I popped out my baby and started breastfeeding.

HOLY COW (no pun intended...hahaha!), I started eating like a pig.  Like every time I sat down to nurse (every 2 hours).  And no skimpy diet girl portions for me - no, thank you!  I wanted MEALS!  With MEAT (which, as being a longtime vegetarian, was a huge surprise!)!

Cut to five months later...still nursing, and still eating like a pig.  Once a couple of weeks ago I even ate more than my husband (I am embarrassed to admit...).  I am hungry all.the.time. 

The only problem?  For once in my life I can eat what I want (with a great excuse and no weight gain!), but have NO TIME to make anything to eat!

Oh, the cruel irony.

So, be warned.  Lock up any food if I'm coming to your house.  I'm a starving nursing mother and it's all fair game.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I know what you mean! Totally STARVING while breastfeeding, and the pounds are still slowly coming off! One of those totally weird (but awesome!) aspects of post pregnancy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well missy, you can have all the food you want when you come up here, and you don't even have to make it! How cool is that?! I know Mom mentioned something about hitting The Cheesecake Factory while you guys are up here, so you might actually be able to be full for a little while ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...