Saturday, October 16, 2010

A mother's instincts

Motherhood is a constant learning curve.  I learn something new every single day.


Number one most important thing I've learned? (Other than to always bring extra diapers?)  To trust my instincts.


I haven't always been a "trust your instincts" kind of gal.  I research, back my opinions up with academic studies, and always ask the experts.

But I have discovered that the experts don't know my baby.  They can't research his cries or tell me what makes him smile. They can't mother my son the way I can.

So I've learned to listen to my mothering instincts and I've never regretted it.  Cole may not always have mainstream opinion guiding his little life, but he'll have my instincts which are based on love...so they are automatically best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...