Friday, October 15, 2010

Stellaluna

Becoming a mama has turned me into a total sap.


A blubbering, wussy, sap.


I was always pretty sensitive.  But things that maybe made me a little sad before I had Cole, now I need Kleenex.


Take yesterday, for example.  I read "Stellaluna", to my students.  It's about a bat that loses its mama and is raised by birds.  Now, it's a children's story, so of course it has a happy ending (mama and baby bat are reunited)...but it didn't matter.  I've read the story before, but it didn't matter.  I had to actually STOP READING to my class to go get a tissue to wipe the tears that were streaming down my face from this children's story!!


The students all had these confused looks on their faces - "Um, why are you crying, Mrs. Figueroa?  It's just a book, it's pretend!"


Guess I better not read any Nicholas Sparks books... we're almost out of tissues!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I know how you feel 100%! Isaac will look at me, wipe the tears away and ask, "Are you sad Mommy?" That just makes me bawl even more! *sigh* These wonderful babes just bring out the tears.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...