Monday, October 25, 2010

Working mamas

I don't know how working mamas do it.  I guess when you don't have a choice, you do whatever you have to do.  But me - I loathe having to work and leave my baby at home.


It's not that I don't love my job.  I truly do - I'm one of those lucky people that adores what they do.  It's not that I don't love my coworkers, because I work with some of the most fabulous people who are fantastic teachers.   And it's not that I don't love my students, because I love my kids with my whole heart.  I just love my son more than all that.


And it's that I HATE missing out on parts of my baby's life.  I HATE spending more time with someone else's children than my own.  I HATE feeling torn all the time - thinking of Cole at work, wishing I were home with him - and thinking of work stuff when I'm at home with my family.


Yes, the money is nice.  But every single one of my baby's smiles is priceless.  His laugh, his rolling over, every new thing he learns - it's too precious to miss. 


I am so fortunate that my husband supports me staying home with Cole.  And I'm counting down the minutes until my job is over and I can cuddle my baby all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...