Monday, May 31, 2010

June Baby? or maybe December?

Well, it looks like we're going to have a June baby - it's May 31st and still no signs of me going into labor anytime soon.

At least, I'm hoping for June.

I feel like I've been preggers forever. Maybe it will be July. Or December. Or maybe he'll just decide to camp out in there until his high school graduation.

Whew.

And believe me, we've tried everything under the sun to naturally induce labor. I think I've walked about a hundred miles the past three days. I've been drinking raspberry leaf tea. I did some jumping jacks and even a Zumba workout. We got spicy Mexican food for dinner. And while I'm not in the habit of discussing my (very) personal life on this very public blog, let's just say that many people have suggested sex... and we have tried EVERYTHING! (Chris is not complaining about this one!)

So I guess the point is that our little guy will make his appearance whenever he's darn well ready... and there's not a thing this mama can do about it! Good thing he's totally worth the LONG wait!

1 comment:

  1. I know you've probably heard it a million times, but he will come soon :) I was in light labor with my son Isaac for about 3 days before the doctor induced me. His head was crooked in the birth canal so all the contractions weren't moving him. We went in when the contractions were 3-5 minutes apart, but I wasn't dilated at all, the labor nurse told me to "Go home and have sex!" in this wonderfully cheerful voice. I didn't know what to do, burst into tears or bang her head into the wall :) So it's okay to cry too! Those tears will be tears of joy when your son makes his arrival into this world :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...