Monday, May 17, 2010

Living in the moment

I admit it. I am not the most patient person in the world. Some things, yes - I can sit for hours patiently listening to a struggling first grader painfully sound out words. I can figure out through LONG trial and error how to sew or craft something. I can pick Chris' clothes up off the floor for the hundredth time and not get frustrated (sometimes).

But I am done being pregnant.

Have I enjoyed being pregnant? Yes, actually, I love being pregnant. I really can handle all the extra crap - the throwing up, swollen feet, maternity clothes, etc no problem.

But right now I am hot.

I am uncomfortable.

I can hardly put on pants because I can't reach my feet.

I can't pick up anything that I drop on the floor (and I seem to be dropping things even more frequently than usual).

And I am so incredibly, amazingly excited to meet our son.

But then I think about the wise words almost every single mother I have ever met has told me: "Enjoy every moment. It goes by so fast."

And I realize that I need to enjoy this time. I need to take advantage of feeling every kick and movement in my belly. I need to savor the time I have to enjoy my son all on my own.

I need to live in this moment.

So that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to live in this moment, not wish it away for anything different.

But, my dear son, should you decide to make an early appearance, I can't say I'd complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...