Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why I was crying in Walmart

I was on a mission to find the perfect Father's Day card for Chris (BTW, when did cards become so bloody expensive??  How do they get away with charging $6.50 for a stinking piece of paper??!!). 

While reading through the various cards, one of them caught my eye. 

It said, "It's a beautiful life we're building together."

WOW.

Something about that struck a chord with me.  Because it IS a beautiful life we're building.  We have an amazing family, a miraculous son, a home, two cars, our health - we are INCREDIBLY blessed.

But I don't always remember all that.  It's so easy to think about the things we're working toward - own another house, pay off student loans, go on a cruise, buy a motorcycle. 

Those words on that card made me stop and really recognize how beautiful our life together is.  And it's only going to get better.

What an excellent reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...