Saturday, July 2, 2011

13 months

Dear Cole,

Boy, oh boy, are you in BIG trouble, mister!  I told you last month when you turned one year old that you were under no circumstances allowed to get ANY OLDER.  And here you are, 13 months.  Disobedient child.



But this last month has been fascinating to watch you grow and learn even more.  You are DEFINITELY exploring the beginnings of toddlerhood - your stubborn little personality is out and about lately! Even though you aren't saying any words yet, you make it very clear what you like and don't like.

On your "dislike" list lately: being told "no", diaper changes (it's like wrestling an alligator), closed doors and cupboards, sleep (AGAIN!!  I thought we had this sleep dealio figured out!!), and sitting on grass.

On your "like" list lately: pushing the button to open the garage door (actually, pushing any buttons! sometimes, including pushing MY buttons!), cellphones, FOOD, water, swinging, and especially books!

I have to admit, the last few months when you suddenly lost interest in books had me a leetle bit worried.  I had high hopes for you becoming a lover of books like myself!  But I'm glad I didn't push you, because now you are all of a sudden back into loving books with a vengeance - we read for at least 2 hours a day (not all at once) and I love when you come up to me holding a book and saying "Dah!  Gah!" which must mean, "Please read to me now, Mama!"

Every day, I notice some new little thing you've learned to do.  One day last week, you walked from the kitchen into the living room and then into your bedroom without stopping to crawl or falling once!  This morning, I watched you take your two thumbs to open a book.  Yesterday, you brought me a book to read instead of throwing it at me.  And a few days ago, I'm pretty sure you said "Uh-oh!". 

Nothing super spectacular, nothing every baby has learned before - but to your daddy and me, everything you do is spectacular.  Everything you do is amazing and wonderful, new and exciting.  Because you are spectacular - and we love you with our whole hearts!

All our love,
Mama and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...