Friday, July 15, 2011

The good news and the bad news

Well folks...I have good news and I have bad news.

Which do you want to hear first?

Ok, bad news first: we're moving.

Ready for the good news?  We're moving.

It's been a real struggle trying to decide what's best for our family.  Having Chris working out of town was ridiculously difficult, and while we're thrilled to finally have our family all together, all the time, we are so sad about leaving our hometown.

Leaving friends, family, a whole way of life and routine is never easy.

Looking on the bright side, this job Chris was offered is an AMAZING career opportunity. And benefits! did I mention benefits?!  (That means I'll actually be able to go the eye doctor to get contacts so I can change them more than once every two [three] months!)  We'll be able to purchase another (hopefully more permanent!) home soon.  It will be really nice to be settled somewhere, to put down roots.

But I have to admit, I'm having a bit of a hard time with this move.  I had my hopes high that we would be able to stay here.  Truthfully, I'm not the type of person who makes friends easily - I grew up with only have one or two close friends, far away from extended family so I only had immediate family.  The past years here in Klamath Falls have changed that - I have several groups of good friends; Chris' entire extended family is right here.  I have a whole support system that I didn't ever have growing up.  I LOVE going out to lunch with a friend, being invited to weddings and bridal showers and playdates.  To me, it's a safe feeling walking down the street on a random day and seeing someone I know, to walk into Wal-Mart and see a student I used to teach.

It's hard taking a risk.

It's hard leaping into the unknown, the scary - leaving what we know and love behind.

Some people like changes...me, not so much.

But THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember of all is:
And my little family.  The most important thing is that we're all together. 

The rest will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...