Sunday, July 3, 2011

Date Night

Chris and I seriously could not remember the last time we had a date night - you know, the whole living in towns three hours away thing kinda interferes with our couple time.


So yesterday I took the plunge and left Cole for the night with Chris' mom to drive up to Bend to see Chris. We've had a gift certificate for a restaurant called The Cowboy Dinner Tree for like three years (TOLD you it's been a long time since date night!) so we thought we'd make the trek out there to give it a shot:




And when I say "out there" I really mean, "OUT THERE", because this place is literally in the middle of NOWHERE! It was a crazy long drive to get there, and most of the way looked like this:
Ahh, Eastern Oregon - the land of brush and nothingness.

The Cowboy Dinner Tree was...rustic:




But it was so crowded!  And the portion sizes were incredible - we had the choice of steak or chicken.  I chose chicken, which ended up being a WHOLE chicken:


Here's Chris with his choice of steak - it was somewhere around 27 ounces!


And the leftovers:




And while I was one happy mama to get home to see my little mister, it was amazing to be able to eat an ENTIRE meal without having to share it with a little baby tugging and screaming on my pantlegs for a bite or to have to plan our time around Cole's nap/bedtime/snack/meal schedule.

Plus, you know, being able to spend uninterrupted time with my hubs.  That's pretty awesome too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...