Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What's Your Opinion?

Now that Cole's getting to the walking (almost running!) stage, I have to ask.

What's your opinion on toddler harnesses?


I'm just not sure about my opinion on these yet.

Cole loves to walk, and I love to let him walk.  I love to let him explore and choose where we're going to go.  I love to let him have a say. I hate the idea of putting a "leash" on my baby.

But that being said, I also love him to be safe.  And I don't love him running out into the street.  I love him to be polite and considerate of others, so I don't want him making a mess in public places.

What say you?

3 comments:

  1. I am 100% completely for them. Mason has zero interest in holding my hand and lots of interest in running and exploring. I myself remember being little and being on a leash at the Milwaukee Zoo! I loved being able to get up real close to the railings while my parents hung back and chatted!

    Unfortunately, Mason's dad is firmly in the "Our son is not a dog, NO WAY!" camp *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very very hard to contain a kid who won't be contained, safely, without a harness. I have them and I have used them, in airports and other terribly busy places. It's about safety. A child screaming in a stroller is not a good thing. A child happily walking like a big boy with the hep of a harness is a good thing. They shouldn't be used all the time or ever to roughly control a kid, but yes, they are okay to use when it's necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one, and look how I turned out! Lol, not sure if that puts you in the pro or against camp!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...