Monday, July 25, 2011

A Post About Bums

We've had some diaper rash issues around here lately, people.


Lots of new food coupled with disposable diapers equals a red, sore bum on my little man.  He even had a couple of nasty blisters on his bottom last week!


We're talking bright red, blisters and tears with every diaper change - some mine, some his! :(  When Cole was first born and had diaper rash, we tried two different diaper rash creams, to no avail, when I remembered Chris' parents telling me they tried something called Bag Balm (yes, it is for cows, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do wonders to people too!) to cure some mega-diaper rash on Chris when he was a baby.  They had bought us some when Cole was born, so I dug it out to give it a try.


OH MY WORD this stuff became my new best friend.


via
In just a few hours, it is already clearing up the redness.  By the next morning, the diaper rash is usually completely gone.  GONE.

Note: not to be used with cloth diapers, since it can impair the absorbency, so I just use disposables for a while if Cole gets a rash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...