Monday, August 27, 2012

Life goes on

Life goes on.

The most comforting thing about this last week is the normalcy.  No matter how sad I am, how much I want to curl up in bed and sleep, sleep, sleep - life goes on.

Cole still needs his mama.  He still makes me laugh, gives me kisses, and throws tantrums.  We do our errands, our grocery shopping, go to the park and the splash pad.  I read him stories and put him down for his naps. 

I cook dinner, make Chris his lunch, make the bed.  My life is the same as it was before our loss.

It's a little bit of an oxymoron.  Inside, I feel so changed - as though even the colors I see should be slightly muted because of my grief.  But it's already getting better and I'm already healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...