Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Sweet Boy

Whew.  This is the start of my second trimester - and hopefully the end of this horrible morning (all day) sickness I've had during this pregnancy so far.  I'm not gonna lie - it's been rough.  Throwing up 6-8 times a day.  Constant nausea that's so bad I can't even look at pictures of food, let alone eat anything. Bleh.

But the good news?  (Other than growing a healthy little baby, of course!)  It's been awesome to see Cole in a new position of being more of a helper.  If I let him know that I have to go throw up, he runs with me into the bathroom, lifts up the toilet seat, and stands aside while I puke.  He pats my back and says, "MAMA? MAMA? HI! HI!"  He rips off pieces of toilet paper for me and helps me blow my nose and wipe my mouth.  And when I'm all done, he flushes the toilet and hands me the bottle of mouthwash.

Seriously, what an amazing little boy I have.  No one taught him to do what he does when I'm not feeling well.  He's never watched anyone do it.  Some sweet, wonderful instinct in him naturally knows just what to do. 

And when I feel so miserable and so sick, it sure makes me feel better to know that my little guy is so awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...