Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mr. Independent

I think Cole's been a little later than most kids on hitting the "ME DO IT!" stage of life...but it has arrived. 

I always thought it would drive me CRAZY...and yes, occasionally it does, when we are in a hurry to get somewhere and oh for goodness' sakes Cole if you would just let ME do it we could leave ten minutes sooner!  but mostly it's just awesome.  I love watching him be independent and need me less and less.  I hadn't realized what a sense of accomplishment it would be for me to watch him learn how to do things on his own.  Every day it's a new skill, big or small.

The other day, it was peeling a banana.  After some struggle, I gave him a bit of help with the start of peeling (a little cut at the top, because who doesn't need to do that?).  But the rest? was all Cole. 



 OH YEAH Mama, I got this!
What an accomplishment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...