After our loss a few weeks ago, my mom and I were talking about how important it was for me to keep busy until we are given the go-ahead to try for another baby. So I got to thinking and making lists (I KNOW! Me, make lists?! I'm shocked too, I NEVER make lists) about some big and small things I want to get accomplished in the next 6-12 months. And what better way to be held accountable than to publish them on internet, right?
1. Make freezer meals
-When I was SOOOO sick this last pregnancy, I lamented the fact that I planned on making a few weeks' worth of dinners in the freezer for when the baby came - but that I didn't make any freezer dinners for when I had 24 hour a day morning sickness. So when we start trying again, I will start loading up our freezer with pre-made meals for days I feel icky.
2. Start a music and art group for toddlers?
- I'm considering starting up a group for toddlers once a week for a half hour or so with fun music and maybe some simple art/creativity projects. I'm always looking for fun ways to help socialize Cole, but we're not quite ready to put him in preschool yet.
3. Pack for moving
- HOPEFULLY, we will be buying a house soon and moving. HOPEFULLY. So packing and unpacking and organizing our new home will be an awesome way to keep me busy!
4. Photography porfolio put together
- This one I may be most excited about. I'm not sure if my photography skills are good enough to start charging for photos, but I won't know until I do more of it and build up my portfolio. So this winter I'm planning on doing some family, maternity, newborn, and child photography - so if you live in Southern Oregon and want some pictures, email me!
5. Write a book
- I love to write. Not sure if I have the time to write a book right now, but it could be fun - and definitely would keep me busy and occupied!
6. Etsy shop
- This has been on my want-to-try list for over a year now. I have so many baby sewing projects and crafts that I love to make, I'm wondering if perhaps I could sell some for a bit of extra money.
7. Start a book club
- A MUST. I was in a book club before we moved and it was SO much fun!
8. Make a card table fort for Cole
- Also been on the to-do list for a while. I don't think it will take too long to make, it's just been me putting it off. Cole's favorite hidey-hole spot is under our dining room table - what kid doesn't like a fort, right?
So there we have it. Lots of projects to keep me busy. I can't wait to get started!