Saturday, March 6, 2010

Daily Commute

Much as I hate how far I have to drive to work on the days that I sub (1.5 to 2 hours each way), I do really love how beautiful the drive is. No nasty freeways and concrete high rise buildings for me. Instead, I get tall evergreens, dusted with pure white snow; a red sunrise over a snow-covered peak, and even a couple of these:

Unfortunately, I did not have my camera yesterday while driving to work, so I missed out on a perfect photo opportunity. I was driving on the highway, no other cars in sight, when something crossed the road in front of me. Then another something. I knew they were too small for deer, so I slowed down to see what they were.

Less than thirty feet from my car were two huge gray wolves. I have never seen wolves in the wild before! They simply stopped and watched me drive by. It was amazing - what a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...